Wednesday, December 17, 2003

I received an email back from Gurudutt. He signed himself, Guru.

Maybe I can learn from him more details that would go well in my article.




Subject: RE: Great columns on technical writing
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:14:58 +0530
From: Gurudutt Kamath
Organization: Gurudutt Kamath
To: "'Roseanne Sullivan'"

Hello Roseanne,

Thank you so much for a wonderful email. It was a pleasure reading such
a well crafted email.

I am delighted to hear that you and your son are coming to India. I look
forward to meeting you both, if possible. Let me know your schedules so
that I can plan a trip to Chennai or wherever, if possible. Of course,
if you are passing through Mumbai (Bombay), nothing like it.

I very much appreciate the points that you make and am in total
agreement with them.

Let us keep in touch.

Looking forward to meeting you and your son.

If I can do anything at all for you in India (from Mumbai), let me know.

My contact details: XXXXXX
Cell: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I am available on MSN Chats as XXXXXX@hotmail.com.

Guru



I wrote him back as follows:




Subject: Re: Great columns on technical writing
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:50:10 -0800
From: Roseanne Sullivan
To: documentor@vsnl.com

Hello again Guru,

Thank you for your kind offer to meet
us when we come to India. I don't know
the date yet. My son, whose name is Liberty,
told me at first it would be the end of January,
and yesterday he said it won't be until February.

I'll let you know when I know anything more.

I'm trying to change careers from being a technical
writer to something more creative. I have
in mind "new journalism," which is nonfiction
written using the techniques of fiction. I have
a masters in creative writing, specializing
in fiction and memoir writing.

I'm reading the Writer's Guide for contact
information and submission requirements
for the big magazines I've always wanted
to write for, and I prepared a draft of
a query letter. If I can get an editor
interested in a story about off-shoring
with my personal experience, that would
be great.

Thanks again for your interest.

Roseanne

P.S. I don't know MSN chats. But I just
started a blog. I hope you don't mind
but I posted my letter to you there.
If you object, I'll remove it. If you
don't object, I'll keep posting our
correspondence if I think it fits
my theme. Let me know, okay?

http://roseannesullivan.blogspot.com

Some of my non-work writings are at:

http://geocities.com/roseannesullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment