Monday, June 26, 2006

My interview article with Raymond Arroyo is now online

FYI: The article I wrote about an interview I did with Raymond Arroyo in March was just published in San Francisco Faith newspaper. Check it out!

National Catholic Register asked for the article when I pitched it to them, but then NCR they held on to the article so long I withdrew it and sent it to SF Faith. SF Faith changed wording on me in some places (for example, I would never use the word tragedy about someone's personal misfortune, or even, as was true in this case, the loss of a city; it's prejudging the seriousness of the thing you are describing. It's better to show than to tell . ..

Here's the link: http://www.sffaith.com/ed/articles/2006/0607rs.htm

If you cannot get to the link, let me know and I'll send you the text in an email.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:16 PM

    Gosh, I just discovered your article through my blog/podcast.......someone did a Google search for something, and both our blogs came up, so I found yours! I read the interview you did with Raymond Arroyo - good stuff! Gave me some insight into both Mother A and him.
    If you have time, I'd be honored if you listened to my Catholic podcast! Peace be with you, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete