NOTE: The first part of this page lists my recent writings. To find a more-complete list, scroll down to the heading: "Publications List," and click a publication's name to see a linked list of articles at that publication.
Since my last update on February 9, 2019, I've published the following:
California Catholic Daily
Chant camp at St. Patrick Seminary, July 23-25
Traditional Latin Mass returns to Nativity Church, Menlo Park
Catholic Pundit Wannabe (This blog)
Dorothy Day on Abortion: Forgiveness for Repented Sins, Yes. Approval of Sins, No
Sacred Music Proponent William Peter Mahrt's 80th Birthday
Deep Down Things Blog
Dorothy Day: Future Patron Saint of Women Who Regret Abortions?
The Color Pink and Abortion Glee: Toward Comprehending the Incomprehensible Events in New York on January 22, 2019 (reprinted with small changes from Latin Mass Magazine)
Father George Rutler's Calm in Chaos: Catholic Wisdom for Anxious Times: A Review Essay
In The Latin Mass Magazine:
Women and Abortion: Debunking the Myth of Consequence-Free Sex
The Color Pink and Abortion Glee: Toward Comprehending the Incomprehensible Events in New York on January 22, 2019
- New Liturgical Movement Website
- National Catholic Register Newspaper
June 24th, 2019
March 14th, 2019
January 20, 2019
January 3, 2018
December 20, 2017
- "Don’t worry, mom: Thomas Aquinas College students report on their experience half a mile away from the Thomas Fire"
December 14, 2017November 19, 2017
March 21, 2017
February 14, 2017
daCunha is a website with "curated stories," where members can access "beautiful, exclusive, and unexpected stories." You can get guest access there to read one free story a month. No credit card is required, just an email address so they can send you login information. To get guest access, go to https://dacunha.global/gift-from-dacunha/.
To read my story go to daCunha.Global, enter https://dacunha.global/theyre-coming-to-take-me-away/ in a separate tab, or search for the title "They Are Coming to Take Me Away." To read my story in a downloadable PDF, click the image on this link: "They Are Coming to Take Me Away."
- “Sherlock Holmes is Transported by a Rose": It is only goodness which gives extras.
- "Bishop Kung Was Tricky That Way, and Other Stories of the Saintly, Stubborn, Persecuted Ignatius Ping-Mei Kung of Shanghai"
- "Hail, O Queen of the Heavens! The Marian Antiphon for This Time of the Year" Ave Regina Caelorum—Part III of Beyond “Salve Regina
- "Queen of Heaven Rejoice, Alleluia! Regina Coeli Part 1: Beyond 'Salve Regina'"
- "The Dying of the Light"About Tenebrae, a service sung every year during Holy Week
- "My First and Last Resort (Mazatlán) - Part II: Buying Souvenirs Mazatlán Style and a Hot Night at Señor Frog's"
- "Sure and His Was a Wonderful Life: Part I: Magonus Succetus: The Boy Who Would Be St. Patrick, Apostle of Ireland"
- "Sure and His Was a Wonderful Life: Part II: Did St. Patrick Drive the Snakes Out of Ireland?"
- "Sure and His Was a Wonderful Life: Part III: St. Patrick’s Vision of the Dimming of Ireland’s Faith"
- "The Supreme Beauty of Spiritual Things": Article about the beauty and significance of the Pontifical Latin Mass celebrated by Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone in San Francisco in September 2014.
- "February 2: A Feast Of Manifestation Purification and Candles" About Candlemas. Well-known writer Amy Welborn quoted this article and wrote, "Another great piece from Roseanne T. Sullivan in Dappled Things."
- "On the Thirteenth Day of Christmas 20 + K + M + B + 14": Blog about Epiphany
- "The Squalor of the Stable": About Christmas Eve in modern Bethlehem
The Latin Mass: The Journal of Catholic Culture and TraditionThe Latin Mass magazine is only available by subscription, in printed or online form. Links in this list are to PDF files.
- The Color Pink and Abortion Glee: Toward Comprehending the Incomprehensible Events in New York on January 22, 2019
- "Soul of Father Magin, Help Us: The Wonder Working Lesser-Known Missionary of the California Missions"
- "Why Does the Modern Age Need the Mass of the Ages?"
- "Alma Redemptoris Mater the Marian Antiphon for Advent and Christmas"
- "What We Can Learn From Shanghai's Oppressed Catholics," (Part 3 of "Three Books for Catholics Contemplating the Times In Which We Live)
- A Dystopian Fiction Dubbed Prophetic by Two Popes: Lord of the World (Part 2 of "Three Books for Catholics Contemplating the Times In Which We Live)
- "The Surprising Utopian Socialism of Saint Thomas More and Its Long-Reaching Effects" (Part 1 of "Three Books for Catholics Contemplating the Times in Which We Live")
- "Hebdomada Tranquilla et Jucunda cum Familia Sancti Hieronymi: A Peaceful and Joyful Latin Holiday with the Family of St. Jerome"
- An interview with Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone: “Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone Leading by Example,” and an accompanying article titled “San Francisco’s Archbishop Cordileone and the Traditional Latin Mass," about the archbishop's initiatives to improve liturgy in the Bay Area. A PDF copy of two printed magazine articles is here.
- The Color Pink and Abortion Glee: Toward Comprehending the Incomprehensible Events in New York on January 22, 2019 (reprinted with small changes from Latin Mass Magazine) May 31, 2019
- "Who Knows? The Truth About Pope Pius XI and His Much Maligned Successor" February 24, 2018
- ""Is There Really Any Hope for a Return to the Traditional Latin Mass? Interview with Dr. Peter Kwasniewski"" December 12, 2017
- "In Heaven There is Only Singing: A Review of Two of Father Rutler's Books, and an Interview with the Author," August 19, 2017
- "Index Lectionum: Scripture Usage in Roman Catholic Masses Before and After Vatican II," January 20, 2017.
- "Teaching Silently, Reaching the World Through a Hidden Life of Suffering: An Interview with Raymond Arroyo on Mother Angelica: Her Grand Silence," August 29, 2016. A longer version is also published here at my blog.
- "Sometimes It’s Best to Cover Your Eyes," May 14, 2016. A longer version of this same article was published as Dante, Rod Dreher, and Medusa , Catholic Pundit Wannabe, May 16, 2016.
- "Propers of the Mass Versus the Four-Hymn Sandwich" (January 15, 2016)
- "Propers of the Mass Versus the Four- Hymn Sandwich"(modified version on this blog)
- Fr. Samuel Weber’s “The Proper of the Mass": An Interview with Dr. Peter Kwasniewski (modified version on this blog)
- Fr. Samuel Weber’s “Propers of the Mass”: An Interview with Dr. Peter Kwasniewski by Roseanne Sullivan (posted at New Liturgical Movement)
- Review of Proclamation and Celebration: Preaching on Christmas, Easter, and other Festivals under "Summer Reading for June 2015." PDF file of the review edited to reduce the need to scroll.
- Review of The Romance of Religion by Fr. Dwight Longenecker, under "Spring Reading for March 15, 2015, Homiletic and Pastoral Review. PDF file of the review edited to reduce the need to scroll.
- "Why Does the Modern Age Need the Mass of the Ages?" An Interview with Peter Kwasniewski by Roseanne T. Sullivan
- “'In Heaven, There Is Only Singing'" An Interview with Fr George Rutler"
- "Mother Angelica’s Funeral Mass, the Triumph of Latin, Chant, and Ad Orientem at EWTN"
National Catholic Register Newspaper: America’s Most Complete and Faithful Catholic News Source
November 13, 2007
- "Chant Survivor William Mahrt: Anno quadragesimo quarto" unedited version with photos
- "Sweetness and Light:What Drives Some Jews to Christ": NCR archived article about Roy Schoeman, author of Salvation is from the Jews and Honey from the Rock (Ignatius Press), from an interview I had with him at his home.
- "Roy Schoeman Interview - The Complete Version" unedited version of interview
- "Roy Schoeman and the Return of the Jews: From a Jewish Perspective Within the Catholic Faith" unedited version of article
- "New California Men’s Order Will Teach Roman Liturgy": Article about the Contemplatives of St. Joseph in Formation in South San Francisco
- "After 50 Years, There’s a TLM in San Francisco": Article about the regularly scheduled first Sunday-morning Extraordinary Form Mass in San Francisco after five decades.
- "Another Name for Pastor: The Direction of Lay Ministry in the Diocese of San Jose" -- with sidebar: Data Raw or Cooked? Published under the nom de plume, Ingrid Hofer.