Since August 2, 2017, I've published the following:
At Homiletic and Pastoral Review:
"In Heaven There is Only Singing: A Review of Two of Father Rutler's Books, and an Interview with the Author"
At Dappled Things, Deep Down Things blog:
"Who Knows? The Truth About Pope Pius XI and His Much-Maligned Successor"
In The Latin Mass Magazine:
"Sub Tuum Praesidium: The Earliest Prayer to Her Whose Offspring is God"
- Latin Mass Magazine
- New Liturgical Movement Website
- National Catholic Register Newspaper
March 21, 2017
February 14, 2017
The Latin Mass: The Journal of Catholic Culture and Tradition
The Latin Mass is only available by subscription, either in printed or online form. Links in this list are to PDF copies.
- "What We Can Learn From Shanghai's Oppressed Catholics," (Part 3 of "Three Books for Catholics Contemplating the Times In Which We Live)
- A Dystopian Fiction Dubbed Prophetic by Two Popes: Lord of the World (Part 2 of "Three Books for Catholics Contemplating the Times In Which We Live)
- "The Surprising Utopian Socialism of Saint Thomas More and Its Long-Reaching Effects" (Part 1 of "Three Books for Catholics Contemplating the Times in Which We Live")
- "Hebdomada Tranquilla et Jucunda cum Familia Sancti Hieronymi: A Peaceful and Joyful Latin Holiday with the Family of St. Jerome"
- An interview with Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone: “Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone Leading by Example,” and an accompanying article titled “San Francisco’s Archbishop Cordileone and the Traditional Latin Mass," about the archbishop's initiatives to improve liturgy in the Bay Area. A PDF copy of two printed magazine articles is here.
- "In Heaven There is Only Singing: A Review of Two of Father Rutler's Books, and an Interview with the Author," August 19, 2017.
- "Index Lectionum: Scripture Usage in Roman Catholic Masses Before and After Vatican II," January 20, 2017.
- "Teaching Silently, Reaching the World Through a Hidden Life of Suffering: An Interview with Raymond Arroyo on Mother Angelica: Her Grand Silence," August 29, 2016. A longer version is also published here at my blog.
- "Sometimes It’s Best to Cover Your Eyes," May 14, 2016. A longer version of this same article was published as Dante, Rod Dreher, and Medusa , Catholic Pundit Wannabe, May 16, 2016.
- "Propers of the Mass Versus the Four-Hymn Sandwich" (January 15, 2016)
- "Propers of the Mass Versus the Four- Hymn Sandwich"(modified version on this blog)
- Fr. Samuel Weber’s “The Proper of the Mass": An Interview with Dr. Peter Kwasniewski (modified version on this blog)
- Fr. Samuel Weber’s “Propers of the Mass”: An Interview with Dr. Peter Kwasniewski by Roseanne Sullivan (posted at New Liturgical Movement)
- Review of Proclamation and Celebration: Preaching on Christmas, Easter, and other Festivals under "Summer Reading for June 2015." PDF file of the review edited to reduce the need to scroll.
- Review of The Romance of Religion by Fr. Dwight Longenecker, under "Spring Reading for March 15, 2015, Homiletic and Pastoral Review. PDF file of the review edited to reduce the need to scroll.
- "Bishop Kung Was Tricky That Way, and Other Stories of the Saintly, Stubborn, Persecuted Ignatius Ping-Mei Kung of Shanghai"
- "Hail, O Queen of the Heavens! The Marian Antiphon for This Time of the Year" Ave Regina Caelorum—Part III of Beyond “Salve Regina
- "Queen of Heaven Rejoice, Alleluia! Regina Coeli Part 1: Beyond 'Salve Regina'"
- "The Dying of the Light"About Tenebrae, a service sung every year during Holy Week
- "Sure and His Was a Wonderful Life: Part I: Magonus Succetus: The Boy Who Would Be St. Patrick, Apostle of Ireland"
- "Sure and His Was a Wonderful Life: Part II: Did St. Patrick Drive the Snakes Out of Ireland?"
- "Sure and His Was a Wonderful Life: Part III: St. Patrick’s Vision of the Dimming of Ireland’s Faith"
- "The Supreme Beauty of Spiritual Things": Article about the beauty and significance of the Pontifical Latin Mass celebrated by Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone in San Francisco in September 2014.
- "February 2: A Feast Of Manifestation Purification and Candles" About Candlemas. Well-known writer Amy Welborn quoted this article and wrote, "Another great piece from Roseanne T. Sullivan in Dappled Things."
- "On the Thirteenth Day of Christmas 20 + K + M + B + 14": Blog about Epiphany
- "The Squalor of the Stable": About Christmas Eve in modern Bethlehem
Catholic Pundit Wannabe (Selected Posts)
- "Opposing Amoris Laetitia: Not Envious Bitterness, But Love and True Mercy"
- "The Miracle and the Hope: Cardinal Kung's Requiem and Burial"
November 13, 2007
- "Chant Survivor William Mahrt: Anno quadragesimo quarto" unedited version with photos
- "Sweetness and Light:What Drives Some Jews to Christ": NCR archived article about Roy Schoeman, author of Salvation is from the Jews and Honey from the Rock (Ignatius Press), from an interview I had with him at his home.
- "Roy Schoeman Interview - The Complete Version" unedited version of interview
- "Roy Schoeman and the Return of the Jews: From a Jewish Perspective Within the Catholic Faith" unedited version of article
- "New California Men’s Order Will Teach Roman Liturgy": Article about the Contemplatives of St. Joseph in Formation in South San Francisco
- "After 50 Years, There’s a TLM in San Francisco": Article about the regularly scheduled first Sunday-morning Extraordinary Form Mass in San Francisco after five decades.
San Francisco Faith
- "Another Name for Pastor: The Direction of Lay Ministry in the Diocese of San Jose" -- with sidebar: Data Raw or Cooked? Published under the nom de plume, Ingrid Hofer.